|'"The ultimate sacrifice"|
|Angel Room, Secret Room|
- When used, Isaac switches between modes which modify his stats.
Fight Mode increases damage, decreases speed, and adds more delay between tears. Speed is capped to 1.0 when under this mode, and will not go higher than this.
The primary focus of this mode is damage, and is meant for use when there is plenty of space between Isaac and enemies.
Flight Mode increases speed and removes delay between tears, but decreases damage. Damage is capped to 3.5 when under this mode, and will not go higher than this.
The primary focus of this mode is speed, and is meant for use to run away from enemies quickly or for travel between cleared rooms.
- Car Battery: Increases damage in fight mode and speed in flight mode.
- Diplopia + Schoolbag: Holding a second Adam's Apple will cause Isaac to use the second immediately after the first, increasing damage in fight mode and speed in flight mode.
- 9 Volt: Removes the delay between uses of Adam's Apple, removes the holding up active animation allowing you to fire tears while changing modes.
- Adam's Apple is based on The Apple from Community Remix.
- This iteration of Adam's Apple for Afterbirth+ was originally based on its implementation in Adam + The Apple.
- Adam's Apple used to be called The Apple, and had a focus of Damage vs Tears rather than Damage vs Speed.